Friday, July 11, 2008

Introduction

Hi. Thanks for reading my blog. Before I get down to it, I feel I should clarify my motivations and intentions.

I have an interesting job. I work with, and meet, interesting people every day. I love my work; it can be great fun, but it can also be weird. I hope to relate this to you in a general way, without exposing my patients, brothers, or the city for which I work (henceforth known as "The City"), and its citizens. I typically get along with everyone, and would like it to stay that way. I have no agenda, no beefs, no axes (pick-head) to grind. I just like to write.

The opinions you will read here are mine. I don't claim to represent my union local, my department, nor its administration. I won't promise to stay away from politics, religion, or controversy.

My life outside of work is pretty interesting too. You're gonna hear, generically, about that too.
To whit: I am engaged to LMB, and survived divorce. I have three excellent, amazing, and beautiful kids, #'s 1, 2, and 3. They live in a different state (which is interesting, no?). More to come on that, for sure.

There is a technical jargon to much I do. Some of this if specific to firefighting, EMS, or simply part of the culture in my department. I will endeavor to explain obscure terminology, but hopefully context (or a quick Google search) will enlighten you if I lapse into incomprehensibility.

If you read my words, send me an email. I'd love to hear from you.
Schlem - nullman@earthlink.net

No comments: