Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lucky Me

The kids are in town, and I haven't posted anything in a few days. We've had various adventures, swimming, fishing, hottubbing, movies. Non-stop fun. I was exhausted yesterday. Going to Shrek, the Musical today.

Since writing that I would look for a four-leaf clover this summer, I have found seven. I have pored over tracts of lawn, combing the grass in vain, and other times, I have merely looked at my feet, only to spot one immediately. I'm not sure exactly what the greater lesson is, but if you seek, you will find. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

School starts for them in a week, and I won't see them until late September. I am very lucky to spend this summer goof-off time with my kids. Their time is normally highly structured, even during summer. I think they know they're lucky too.

No comments: